1/3 Photos of Oatmeal Raisin Cookies - Vegan
Kozmic Blues's Note:
From Joy of Vegan Baking. These are AMAZING!! In this recipe, the eggs are replaced with ground flax seeds. When using ground flax seed to replace eggs in a baking recipe, the ratio is always 1 TBSP flax seed to 3 TBSP water. Ground flax seed has a bit of a nutty flavor and it is best used in recipes like pancakes, waffles, muffins, breads and oatmeal cookies, and as an added bonus, flax seeds are the most concentrated source of omega-3 fatty acids.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 cup margarine, non-hydrogenated (I use Earth Balance)
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar (light or dark)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, unbleached
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly ground
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Spray cookie sheets with non stick spray.
- 3In a blender, or using a wisk, whip together the flax seed and water until thick and creamy.
- 4Cream together margarine, sugars, vanilla and flax seed mixture until well blended.
- 5I another bowl mix flour, oat bran, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 6Add to the wet ingredients, and mix until well blended and smooth.
- 7Stir in rolled oats and raisins until thoroughly combined.
- 8Use a tablespoon to scoop up dough and lighty press cookies to form about 1/2" thick rounds.
- 9Bake cokies until golden brown, about 12-15 minutes.
- 10Remove from oven and let cool 3 minutes on the cookie sheet before transfering to wire rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Raisin Cookies - Vegan
Serving Size: 1 (1380 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1324.7
- Calories from Fat 306
- Total Fat 34.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1023.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 245.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.6 g
- Sugars 131.7 g
- Protein 20.3 g