Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
Keep these crisp-yet-chewy cookies on hand for an after school snack, really a good snack for young & old. The recipe comes from Splenda.com.
- 354.88 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 236.59 ml butter, softened
- 236.59 ml Splenda granular
- 14.79 ml molasses
- 2 large eggs
- 7.39 ml vanilla extract
- 709.77 ml old fashioned oats, uncooked
- 236.59 ml raisins or 236.59 ml craisins or 236.59 ml chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F; lightly grease cookie sheets.
- Stir together flour, soda, and cinnamon; set aside.
- Beat butter and Splenda-Blend-sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy; add eggs, molasses and vanilla, beating until blended. Gradually add flour mixture, beating at low speed until blended; Stir in oats and raisins.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto prepared cookie sheets; bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly on cookie sheets, remove to wire racks to cool completely--enjoy.
I bake cookies every month for a visit to an Assisted Living Home. Several of the residents are diabetic, so I thought I would try this recipe so they would have their own special cookies. I hate to say it, but they were pretty much a disaster. I dropped them by the tablespoon and they did not spread out at all. They are so dry you can barely eat them. I added a little milk to the last of the batter and patted the dough down so that they spread a tiny bit. They just do not seem to have enough liquid in them for all the dry ingredients. Any suggestions? Disappointed in Georgia.
Great recipe. Since it called for granular splenda and not the blend, the first batch was a little dry. I modified it by adding 1 tablespoon of brown sugar. Love these!
I also used craisins. I soaked them in warm water for 1/2 hour first and then drained the water before adding them. This added just enough moisture to make them softer. I think it may also have removed some of the sugar coating on the craisins so that may help with calorie count.
I'm sure my diabetic fater-in-law will enjoy these cookies. I love the taste, too. Very easy to prepare & delicious!!!