Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious oatmeal and raisin cookies. I use margarine since I am lactose intolerant and they still taste awesome.
- 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 3⁄4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 375 F (190C).
- In large bowl, cream together margarine, white sugar and brown sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla until fluffy.
- Stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Stir in oats and raisins.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 – 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.
- Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
Being on a gluten free diet, I decided to try these with GF flour. They turned out great, so have modified the receipe and posted it as "Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin Cookies".