Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ginger
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour, unsifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups oats, old fashioned
- 1 cup raisins
- Cream margarine, shortening, sugars, eggs, corn syrup, water and vanilla; beat well.
- Combine flour, baking soda, spices and salt; add to creamed mixture.
- Beat well; stir in oats and raisins.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- Cool slightly on sheet before removing to cooling racks.
This is a "Superb" Oatmeal cookie recipe. They are a melt in your mouth cookie. Very good ! Gave my oldest 'truck-driver' son some to take on a run and now the rest of the truckers at his workplace want me to make more. I would say that is a mighty good compliment for any recipe : ) grammajune
Chewy and delicious, with just the right blend of spices. Better than my mom's!!!!
Very good! A nice lightly spiced cookie that has a tender-crisp texture (crisp edges and tender middle). I made exactly according to recipe (except I used all margarine) and I added 1/2 cup walnuts. Cooking time was about 13 minutes for me and I got 27 large cookies. I'm uploading a picture too!