Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
An old favourite that I added walnuts to which makes it a more enjoyable cookie for snack time or with your favourite tea.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Blend flour, b. powder and b. soda together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Measure out raisins, oats and walnuts and put aside.
- Mix butter and sugars together in a large bowl and form into a paste.
- Add eggs to butter/sugar mixture and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- Mix in oats, raisins and walnuts in separate amounts and beat well after each addition until mixture comes together well.
- Stir in dry ingredients and combine well coating flour and making a smooth drop cookie dough.
- With a teaspoon take small amounts placing 2 inches apart on cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and place cookies on wire rack to cool completely before storing away in container.