Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another amazing recipe from Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar! I think I like this oatmeal cookie recipe even better than the other oatmeal raisin cookies recipe I posted on here. There is actually less sugar in this one, but it is all BROWN sugar so the flavor is really amazing! Original recipe called for soy milk, but I always use unsweetened almond milk. Baking time: 10 minutes = chewy, 12 mintues = crunchy. I like CHEWY :)
- 1⁄3 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Preheat overn to 350 degrees.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, use a fork or mixer to vigorously beat together the almond milk and flax seeds.
- Add in sugar and oil and mix until liquid resembles caramel, about 2 minutes.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Sift in flour, spices and salt, and then mix into wet ingredients until combined.
- Fold in oatmeal and raisins.
- Drop dough in generous tablespoons, about 2 inches apart, onto baking sheets.
- Flatten the tops a bit, since they don't spread much.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 5 mintues, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Store in tightly covered container.