Recipe by diner524
I love oatmeal cookies that have cinnamon in the dough. These have the cinnamon plus can sub chocolate chips or other dried fruit for the raisins. Found on Land O Lakes website.
Top Review by Katzen
Mmmm... soft and delicious! I made half a recipe to take with me to the phone centre for the help line I help out with once a month - I figured the 27 cookies I got [i]should[/i] feed the three of us ;)! Great flavours here, the vanilla and cinnamon were perfect, and for variety, I used both sultana and golden raisins. I DID double the amount of raisins, using the full 1 cup for the half recipe I made. Absolutley wonderful! Thanks for posting, diner! Made for Sweet Traditions Tag.
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 1 cup raisins (or chocolate chips)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F Combine brown sugar and butter in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Add eggs, water and vanilla; continue beating until well mixed. Reduce speed to low. Add all remaining ingredients except oats and raisins; beat until well mixed. Stir in oats and raisins.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets. Cool completely.