Recipe by WiGal
This comes from Grandma's Great Desserts. It is easy plus you use only one bowl. Every oven is different so watch cookies carefully so that you get the degree of doneness your family prefers.
Top Review by katew
Great cookies and very easy to make. I made the batter and then left DD to cook mine and they were much larger than the others pictured - she went for the jumbo variation !! I used organic raisins and quite course oats and reduced the sugar a fraction. Addictive cookie dough too !!!
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together all ingredients.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets; flatten with fingers.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-11 minutes.
- Do not overbake.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.