Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Not as much oatmeal as you would expect in a regular oatmeal cookie.
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla into cream mixture.
- Separately, combine flour, salt and baking soda then add to the cream mixture.
- Add the oats and chocolate chips.
- Spoon onto ungreased cookie sheet (2 tsp = 1 cookie) and bake 10 minutes.
- Let cool for 15 minutes on a plate before storing in a container to ensure freshness.
I liked the cookie, great for someone who doesn't want an overly sweet cookie. I cut the recipe in half and they came out wonderful.