Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
One of my favorite cookie bar recipes! These are gooey and moist (as long as they are not overbaked), and I love the combination of ingredients, sweet and somewhat spicy! I found the recipe on a travel and lodging directory. It is a specialty recipe of the Creekside Inn Bed and Breakfast in Paradise, Pennsylvania.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and spices; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix butter and brown sugar.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Gradually add flour mixture and oats alternately while mixing on low speed.
- Stir in the raisins and chocolate chips by hand.
- Spread mixture into a greased 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes (until almost firm, but still slightly soft in center).
- When cool, cut into bars.
Great recipe! Really liked the contrast with the spices. Thanks, truebrit, for a keeper!
Love the ease of making bar cookies and these are so delicious! The raisins, spices and chocolate chips go together so well. Thanks for posting - I will definitely make this again and again.