Recipe by truebrit
One of my favorite cookie bar recipes! These are gooey and moist (as long as they are not overbaked), and I love the combination of ingredients, sweet and somewhat spicy! I found the recipe on a travel and lodging directory. It is a specialty recipe of the Creekside Inn Bed and Breakfast in Paradise, Pennsylvania.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and spices; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix butter and brown sugar.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Gradually add flour mixture and oats alternately while mixing on low speed.
- Stir in the raisins and chocolate chips by hand.
- Spread mixture into a greased 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes (until almost firm, but still slightly soft in center).
- When cool, cut into bars.