Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A quick an easy recipe for brunch.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 (16 ounce) package apple cinnamon quick bread mix
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 350°F Grease and flour the bottom of an 8x4 or 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, pour boiling water over oats; set aside.
- In large bowl, combine bread mix. raisins, 1/4 cup water and eggs.
- Add oat mixture; stir by hand 50 to 75 strokes or until dry particles are moistened.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 45-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool upright in pan 15 minutes; remove from pan.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Refrigerate 2 hours before slicing.
- Wrap tightly and store in the refrigerator.