Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
found these a while back and used it to use up some cereal. I never make cookies without parchment paper! lol
- 2 cups Raisin Bran cereal, crushed
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 3⁄4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 eggs
- Preheat your oven to 325°F.
- In a bowl combine cereal, wheat flour, and flour; set aside.
- In a larger mixing bowl, cream your butter and sugars til fluffy and airy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in flour mixture until combined well Drop by quarter cup measure on to an UNGREASED baking sheet.
- (if you're paranoid like me, go ahead and use parchment paper).
- Bake 12 to 13 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from baking sheet and then cool on a wire rack.
These were really good. My kids, except for my 7 year old raisin hater, ate them up. Hubby liked them too. I have only one question: Where's the oatmeal? BTW, they didn't stick to the baking sheet.
What a wonderful idea to use up those boring cereal! They came out very tasty and chewy. I added extra 1/4 c raisin to the batter and they turned out excellent with more raisin. I did not have the self-rising flour so I used 7/8c all purpose flour + 1 1/2 tsp baking powder + 1/2 tsp salt instead. It was perfect. These will be perfect in my kids lunch box. Thank you for the great recipe.
These are very easy to make and they taste wonderful. These will be breakfast for the next week. For anyone who wants to cut some of the fat, I used 1/2 cup butter and 1/4 cup applesauce and I love the way they turned out.