Oatmeal-Raisin Batter Bread
- Preheat oven to 350°; butter a deep 1 ½ quart casserole and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the oats and milk, stir, and let stand until oats are softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add in eggs, butter, brown sugar, and raisins; stir until well blended.
- Sift 2 cups of the flour, the baking powder, salt, and cinnamon directly into the oat mixture; stir until well blended and smooth, adding more flour as necessary for a firm consistency.
- Scrape batter into the prepared casserole; bake until a straw inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- Let the bread cool slightly, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely; to serve cut into slices.