1 hr 30 mins
Posted by request
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup rolled oats (not quick-cooking)
- 1 cup hot milk (must be hot enough to soften the oats)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dark raisin
- 2 -2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, as needed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1Preheat oven to 350°; butter a deep 1 ½ quart casserole and set aside.
- 2In a mixing bowl, combine the oats and milk, stir, and let stand until oats are softened, about 10 minutes.
- 3Add in eggs, butter, brown sugar, and raisins; stir until well blended.
- 4Sift 2 cups of the flour, the baking powder, salt, and cinnamon directly into the oat mixture; stir until well blended and smooth, adding more flour as necessary for a firm consistency.
- 5Scrape batter into the prepared casserole; bake until a straw inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- 6Let the bread cool slightly, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely; to serve cut into slices.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal-Raisin Batter Bread
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 427.5
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 106.7 mg
- Sodium 446.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 16.4 g
- Protein 10.3 g