Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Posted by request
Make and share this Oatmeal-Raisin Batter Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup rolled oats (not quick-cooking)
- 1 cup hot milk (must be hot enough to soften the oats)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dark raisin
- 2 -2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour, as needed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°; butter a deep 1 ½ quart casserole and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the oats and milk, stir, and let stand until oats are softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add in eggs, butter, brown sugar, and raisins; stir until well blended.
- Sift 2 cups of the flour, the baking powder, salt, and cinnamon directly into the oat mixture; stir until well blended and smooth, adding more flour as necessary for a firm consistency.
- Scrape batter into the prepared casserole; bake until a straw inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- Let the bread cool slightly, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely; to serve cut into slices.