Recipe by Teena03
I found this recipe in a farm coop publication.
Top Review by 952865
My mom and I used to make these, but I lost the recipe. This is similar to ones with a chocolate and condensed milk filling, but I prefer the raisins. I cut them into smaller squares. They're very rich, sweet and chewy. Good with coffee or tea.
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon rind
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄3 cups brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup walnuts or 1 cup coconuts or 1 cup pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375. Mix raisins, milk, lemon juice, and rind in a saucepan; heat until bubbly. Set aside. In a large bowl, cream butter sugar, and vanilla; add dry ingredients. Add oats and nuts. Spread half of the oat mixture in a greased 9 x 13 inch pan. Pour raisin mixture over top and cover with remaining oat mixture. Bake 25 minutes or until light golden brown. Slice into bars when cool. Store in refrigerator.