Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Oatmeal Raisin Bars
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins or 1 1⁄2 cups dried cranberries or 1 1⁄2 cups chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Lightly grease or spray 13 x 9 inch (3.5 L) metal baking pan.
- Topping: In small bowl, combine walnuts, rolled oats, brown sugar, melted butter and cinnamon until crumbly; set aside.
- Bars: In large bowl, whisk together brown sugar, eggs, milk, melted butter, orange rind and vanilla. Without stirring, add flour, raisins and oats. Sprinkle with baking poweder, cinnamon and salt. Stir just until moistened.
- Pour into prepared pan; smoothing top. Sprinkle with topping. Bake for 30 min or until tester comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan. Cut into bars.