Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
My family liked these.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom or 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats (not instant)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°; grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg; beat well.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the flour, cardamom, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; stir to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture alternately with applesauce; blend well.
- Fold in raisins, oats, and nuts.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin, filling 3/4 full.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes; let cool, then remove from pan; may sprinkle with icing sugar, if desired.
used Cardomon for the first time. Easy delicious muffins.
Great moist muffins. I made 24 mini muffins using the recipe, they were delicious! I couldn't find my cinnamon so i used pumpikin spice mix and they tasted great. Thanks for the recipe.
What a great recipe!! VERY moist. I skipped the nuts (yuck!)and added a few more raisins. Easy to make. AND...your house will smell sooooo good while these are baking. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe!! It's a keeper.