Oatmeal Raisin Applesauce Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 350°; grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg; beat well.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the flour, cardamom, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; stir to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture alternately with applesauce; blend well.
- Fold in raisins, oats, and nuts.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin, filling 3/4 full.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes; let cool, then remove from pan; may sprinkle with icing sugar, if desired.