Prep 25 mins
Cook 12 mins
LOW SUGAR Cookies that will not significantly raise your blood sugar. I created this recipe for my uncle who is diabetic and cannot eat cookies that will raise his blood sugar. The addition of the cinnamon also makes them great for diabetics. And they taste GREAT!
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated cane juice (organic sugar)
- 1 cup butter
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon stevia powder
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups oatmeal
- Cream together evaporated cane juice and butter.
- Add eggs and pumpkin and mix together.
- Combine spices, salt, baking soda and Stevia together and add to creamed mixture. Mix well.
- Add flour and mix together.
- Add oatmeal and stir in by hand.
- Using medium sized scoop, drop onto ungreased cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, 1/2" apart. They will not spread out.