Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Moist and delicious bread. Stir in 1/2 cup golden raisins and 1/2 cup chopped walnuts if desired.
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup skim milk, at room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a large bowl, mix oats and milk.
- Let sit for a few minutes.
- Beat in pumpkin, egg whites, egg, butter, and sugar.
- In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, and spices.
- Gradually stir into the pumpkin mixture until it's combined.
- Pour into a greased 9x5-inch baking loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan 20 minutes.
- Remove from pan to rack to cool.