1/3 Photos of Oatmeal Pudding Cookies
2 hrs 8 mins
These cookies are *fabulous*. They bake out crispy around the edges and soft in the middle--they are just the perfect texture! Have fun with this recipe and try different flavors of pudding mix. Butterscotch is good, coconut cream works well also just add in shredded coconut to the batter. Plan ahead, the cookie batter needs to chill for a minimum of 2 hours before baking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup crisco butter flavor shortening
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups large flakes oats
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chip (optional)
- 1Grease a large cookie/baking sheet.
- 2In a large bowl cream together the shortening, butter with brown and white sugar until smooth and fluffy.
- 3Add in eggs and vanilla and mix until thoroughly combined then add in pudding mix and beat until thoroughly combined.
- 4In a small bowl mix together flour with baking soda, pinch salt and cinnamon; add to the creamed mixture and mix until combined.
- 5Stir in oats until combined, then stir in nuts.
- 6Chill dough for 2 hours or up to 24 hours in refrigerator.
- 7Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet.
- 8Bake at 350°F for 8 minutes or until edges are light golden brown (do not over bake).
- 9Cool on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Pudding Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1363 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.3
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 14.8 mg
- Sodium 92.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 2.4 g