Recipe by GenYChef
Pork Chops? Apples? Why not combine the two? This is one of the best 'comfort foods' I've ever had, and if you're looking for a little Thanksgiving flavor any time of the year this is the recipe for you. *This recipe would also be good over a grill, just make sure to wrap each prepared chop in aluminum foil and grill over low heat until 160 degrees.
- 3 boneless pork chops, thin cut
- 1 (35 g) packet instant apple and cinnamon oatmeal
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (fresh)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Grind oatmeal until it's a course powder.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the oatmeal with the allspice, nutmeg, and flour.
- In a small bowl combine the egg and milk.
- Coat each pork chop with the egg mixture and then a coating of oatmeal, set aside.
- In a large skillet cook the pork chops on low for about 15 minutes or until done (internal temperature of 160).