Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a completely flourless pizza crust! With a rich, nutty taste and perfectly chewy crust, this is my FAV crust! My mom said she even preferred this crust to Pizza Hut! It is difficult to get the crust on the pan, and off your hands so keep 1/2 cup of water in a separate bowl to keep hands clean and smooth onto pan.
- 1⁄4 ounce yeast (1 packet)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar substitute
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm water (separated)
- 1 3⁄4 cups oat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Dissolve yeast and splenda in 3/4 cup warm water and let sit for about 8 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine oat flour and salt.
- Pour yeast mixture over flour and mix well.
- Knead for about 2 minutes.
- Spread onto lightly greased pan using the remaining water to smooth crust onto pan.
- Bake at 500 for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
I loved how the crust had a neutral taste and allowed the topping to shine. I topped with sun-dried tomato pesto, pasta sauce, gouda cheese, peppers, onion and chicken sausage. Quick, easy and delicious.
Followed the recipe exactly the first time I made this, it turned out kinda blah and was a weird consistency. It tastes better when you add 2 tsp of olive oil, and put sea salt on top of the crust before you bake it. Also, the ratio of water to flour is off by just a little.
"Just Awful! Followed the recipe exactly & it tasted like cardboard! I will come up with my own version"