Recipe by evelyn/athens
This homey pie doesn't sound like much, but it is delicious.
Top Review by djafishfria
Not an amazingly addicting pie, but not bad at all. Especially considering i used a frozen pie crust, splenda and light syrup. Good for the sake of being healthy, and even the people eating it who wern't looking at nutrition enjoyed.
- 1 pate brisee pie crust (in my recipes)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted and cooled
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves, to taste
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Place rack in center of oven.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Roll out dough to 1/8 inch thick round on a lightly-floured surface.
- Fit into 9 inch pie dish and crimp edge decoratively.
- Chill shell while preparing filling.
- Whisk together butter, sugar, cinnamon, cloves, eggs, oats and syrup until the filling is combined well.
- Pour filling into shell.
- Bake shell for 50-60 minutes or until filling is just set (it will continue to set as it cools, as oatmeal will do).
- Let cool.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.