Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Been discribed as 'the poor man's pecan pie'. For 2 pies.
- 1 pastry for a double-crust 9-inch pie
- 1 1⁄4 cups corn syrup
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Prepare pie shells.
- In a medium bowl combine corn syrup, sugar and melted butter.
- In a second bowl, whisk together eggs, vanilla, and salt.
- Add to corn syrup mixture. Stir in Oats.
- Pour mixture into pastry shell.
- Bake in a 350 F Oven for 65-75 Mins or until dark brown.
- Server Warm or at room temperature.
- Great With Whipped Cream.