Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This was published in Southern Living's Feb 2008 edition. Have not tried this, but looks pretty good and would like to safe keep it!
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 6 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups uncooked oats (regular)
- 3⁄4 cup dried cherries
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, salt ans baking soda.
- Beat butter, cream cheese and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add egg substitute and vanilla, beating until blended.
- Gradually add flour mixture, beating at low speed just until blended. Stir in oats and dried cherries.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto baking sheet coated with cooking spray, Gently flatten dough into circles. Sprinkle about 1/2 TSP chopped pecans onto each dough circle.
- Bake in batches at 350 degrees F. for 13-14 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in centers come out clean. Remove cookies from baking sheets to wire racks and let cool 10 minutes.