Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
this is a lighter version of the classic
- 1 prepared pie crust
- 118.29 ml butter
- 158.51 ml sugar
- 158.51 ml dark corn syrup
- 158.51 ml regular rolled oats
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 118.29 ml chopped pecans
- whipped cream (optional)
- preheat oven to 325.
- in a medium pan melt butter.
- remove from heat, stir in sugar, corn syrup, and oats.
- stir in eggs and vanilla.
- pour into unbaked pie crust.
- top with pecans.
- cover edges of pie with tin foil to prevent overbrowning.
- bake for 25 minutes.
- remove foil, bake for an additional 20-25 minutes until set.
- cool on a wire rack.
- top with whipped cream if desired, and serve.
I make this out of this world healthier delicious oatmeal pecan pie for Thanksgiving and for Chrismas.My friends and family always ask me to bring this new fantastic pie for every hloiday that we all attend. Thanks to all the people who put out recipes on recipezaar.
Made as is, and ate as is...whew..almost the whole thing...going to have to make nice nice with the treadmill today!!! A wonderful recipe, Chia, thanks!
I love pecan pie, don't make it as I would eat the whole thing. Now I have an excuse, Oatmeal is good for you, right. The taste is all there. I baked it in a 9 inch pan which I guess should have been an 8 inch so I added an extra 1/2 cup of pecans to the top before baking. I may cut back on the butter a bit as it was a bit slippery on the lips, but then it was a bit warm when I taste the first piece. If I had to donate a pie to a bake sale I would be proud to make this one.