Recipe by Chef mariajane
Most pecan pies don't contain oatmeal, but this is a nice change. Make sur to chop the pecans before putting them in the pie. Whole pecans look nice but cutting the pie when the nuts are whole is difficult. This recipe also requires an unbaked pie shell so it should not be pricked before adding the filling.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs slightly. Stir in sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt untl smooth. Stir in corn syrup, butter and vanilla until well blended. Stir in oats and pecans.
- Pour into pie shell and bake at 350F for 50-55 minutes or until puffed and set. Cool on wire rack.