1/4 Photos of Oatmeal Pecan Cookies
I adapted these from a King Arthur recipe. We enjoyed these healthy wheat free cookies. If you double the recipe and use 2 cookie sheets reverse them halfway through baking (top to bottom, bottom to top). Watch for over baking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup quick-cooking oatmeal or 1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 6 tablespoons pecans, coarsely chopped (I used pecan chips)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon orange zest (optional)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons Splenda brown sugar blend or 6 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Splenda granular or 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F; lightly grease a baking sheet.
- 2If using old fashioned oats pulse them in a food processor a few times.
- 3Combine the oats, nuts, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and orange zest (if using) in a food processor, blender or a medium bowl (if using an immersion blender). Pulse until the nuts are finely chopped and evenly distributed. **You should end up with a fine meal. This is taking the place of flour**.
- 4Beat the butter and sugars in a large bowl until smooth.
- 5Add the egg, scraping the bowl and beating until smooth.
- 6Stir in the vinegar and vanilla, then the oat mixture.
- 7Drop the dough by 1/2 tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet. (They don't spread much).
- 8Bake cookies for 10-14 minutes until the edges are barely browned.
- 9Remove them from the oven and let them cool on baking sheet for about 5 minutes.
- 10Transfer to rack or paper bag to cool completely.
- 11**Mine turned out as small round puffy soft and slightly chewy cookies**.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Pecan Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (16 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 74.5
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 13.7 mg
- Sodium 30.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: