Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Peanut butter and jelly oatmeal bars.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup strawberry jam or 1⁄4 cup jam, of choice
- Grease a 13x 9 x 2-inch pan.
- Combine flour, oats and baking soda. Beat butter for 30 seconds; add sugars and beat till fluffy.
- Add egg, peanut butter, milk and vanilla. Beat well.
- Add dry ingredients to beaten mixture, beating until smooth.
- Spread mixture in pan. Dot with jam or jelly and swirl inches As in picture.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let cool. Cut into bars.
These were delicious! I made in an 11x7 pan which made them a bit thicker, so had to cook a little longer. Made using homemade strawberry freezer jam. I it quite sweet, but delicious warm out of the oven with a glass of milk! Thanks for posting. Made for I recommend Tag game.
These were moist and they looked great, but they weren't sweet enough for my tastes. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Absolutely wonderful, but then we love the combo of peanut butter & jam! Used extra chunky PB along with a very fruity strawberry jam &, as others have said, or at least indicated, these are definitely addictive, & the recipe is certainly a keeper! Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Cookbook Tag]