Recipe by Rita~
Peanut butter and jelly oatmeal bars.
Top Review by StacyMD187373
These were delicious! I made in an 11x7 pan which made them a bit thicker, so had to cook a little longer. Made using homemade strawberry freezer jam. I it quite sweet, but delicious warm out of the oven with a glass of milk! Thanks for posting. Made for I recommend Tag game.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup strawberry jam or 1⁄4 cup jam, of choice
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 13x 9 x 2-inch pan.
- Combine flour, oats and baking soda. Beat butter for 30 seconds; add sugars and beat till fluffy.
- Add egg, peanut butter, milk and vanilla. Beat well.
- Add dry ingredients to beaten mixture, beating until smooth.
- Spread mixture in pan. Dot with jam or jelly and swirl inches As in picture.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let cool. Cut into bars.