Recipe by JillQH
These cookies are always a hit, and they go fast.
Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
I made this recipe on 9/11/09 for the " Fall PAC 2009 " First of all, the sugar,margarine,and eggs were creamed together. And instead of using the water, 1 teaspoon of vanilla was used.Then all the dry ingredients, except the oatmeal were mixed together and added to the creamed mixture a little at a time. Then the oatmeal and peanut butter chips were added. The first batch was baked at 375 degrees ,but they came out a bit too dark. So, for the second batch the heat was turned down to 350 degrees and that seemed to do the trick. The taste was almost too sweet for me, so if I make this again the amount of brown sugar will be cut to 1 cup and 1/2 cup of white sugar will be used. Thanks for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar (packed)
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 (12 ounce) package peanut butter morsels
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick oats
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Then add butter, brown sugar, eggs and water.
- Stir in quick oats and peanut butter morsels.
- Chill dough for short amount of time.
- Bake about 12 minutes or so.
- *all cookies turn out better with chilled dough, & the fresher the baking powder & baking soda the fluffier the cookies will be*.