Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
The original recipe was found on the food network and altered for a Gluten Free lifestyle
Make and share this Oatmeal Peanut Butter Energy Bars - Gluten Free recipe from Food.com.
- cooking spray
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 3⁄4 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or 2 tablespoons agave artificial sweetener
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups crisp brown crispy rice cereal
- 1⁄2 cup dried fruit (I use small raisin size dry fruit, so I don't have to chop. But any chopped dry fruit will do)
- 4 tablespoons of raw protein powder
- Spray a 9 by 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- (Or, you can also use wax paper on the bottom of your pan if you wish).
- In a large bowl, combine oats, rice cereal, & dry fruit & set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine honey, peanut butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, & cinnamon. Stir and cook until mixture just begins to bubble, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract, & protein powder.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over the oatmeal mixture and stir gently until well combined. Transfer to baking dish, cover with wax paper and press firmly into dish. Allow to cool completely. (will cool faster in the refrigerator).
- Cut into squares or bars.