Recipe by Hazeleyes
A nice chewy cookie. I like to add M&M's, or chocolate chunks for a change. You can use all creamy, or all crunchy peanut butter. I like to use both.
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups quick-cooking oats
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream together shortening, butter, brown sugar, white sugar, peanut butters and vanilla until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs until well blended.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture.
- Mix in the oats until just combined.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until just light brown.
- Cool and store in an airtight container.