Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Obesity Help. It was posted by arianna.
- 1 cup instant oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 cup sugar-free maple syrup (pancake syrup)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all together form into balls.
- Spray cookie sheet with pam flatten with fork bake 10-15 min at 350-375 degrees cool in pan 1 minute remove and cool completely.
- Variations: Sugar-free Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cup Cookies: You can add 12 sugar-free Reese's Miniature Peanut Butter Cups, each sliced in half across. Flatten each cookie dough slightly as they don't spread hardly at all during baking. Gently press half of a Reese's Miniature Peanut Butter Cup into the center of each cookie. If you are making small cookies divide the peanut butter cups into 1/4's.
- Non-Chocolate Variation - Omit the Reese's Miniature Peanut Butter Cups. Bake as directed. Once cookies are cooked and completely cooled, drizzle with sweet icing. Sweet Icing 1 cup of powdered sugar (whip together 1 cup of Splenda bulk (granule) with 2 and 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch until mixture is very fine and fluffy. - this will taste WEIRD plain!) 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 to 2 tablespoons milk, to achieve desired consistency. Stir all ingredients together, adding milk in small amounts until icing is the desired drizzling consistency. With a teaspoon, drizzle ribbons of icing over tops of cookies.
- If you like really sweet cookies, you could add more Splenda, raisins, or chocolate chips.