Recipe by bingling
This recipe originally came from Southern Living Magazine. It has been a family favorite for years.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 3⁄4 cups chunky peanut butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter and peanut butter with electric mixer until fluffy. Gradually add sugars, eggs, and vanilla, mixing well.
- Combine oatmeal and baking soda. Add to butter mixture, mixing well.
- Stir in chocolate . (You can use a little more chips, but no less.).
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 9-10 minutes.
- Let cool on cookie sheets for 5 minutes before removing to racks to cool completely.