Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Top Review by chrisandabby.com
Mmmmmmmm! These were SO GOOD! I did add extra chocolate chips but that is the only change I made. I LOVED THEM LOVED THEM LOVED THEM! Edit to add: I make these often now. They are so wonderful. I have found that a hefty dose of cinnamon added is very good in them too. I have tried cutting the sugar since I add so many extra chocolate chips and they still turn out a delicious cookie. This is my all time favorite cookie to make and eat!
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 (18 ounce) jar chunky peanut butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter and peanut butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy; gradually add sugar and brown sugar, beating well.
- Add eggs and vanilla; mixing well.
- Combine oats and baking soda; add to butter mixture, mixing well.
- Stir in morsels; drop by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350° degrees for 9-10 minutes.
- Cool on cookie sheets 5 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.