1/6 Photos of Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
These cookies have just the perfect texture. If you are in a hurry they are still good just adding in the 1 cup oats in without grinding them. If you are adding in chopped nuts then reduce the chocolate chips slightly. This cookie dough can be prepared, shaped and then frozen to bake later, the dough freezes well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened (or use 1/2 cup margarine and 1/2 cup butter)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla (yes, 3 teaspoons! or use 2 teaspoons maple extract)
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, grated (optional)
- chopped peanuts (optional) or walnuts (optional)
- 1In a food processor PULSE 1 cup oats (1 cup only) until ground fine.
- 2In a large bowl, stir together ground oats, remaining 1/2 cup whole oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 3In another large bowl with an electric mixer, beat together softened butter and both sugars until light and fluffy (about 3-4 minutes).
- 4Add in eggs, vanilla (or maple extract if using, can use both, 2 tsp maple and 1 tsp vanilla!) and peanut butter; beat until well combined (about 1-2 minutes).
- 5Beat in the flour mixture until combined.
- 6Add in chocolate chips, grated chocolate and nuts (if using) mix well to combine.
- 7Set oven to 325°, and set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- 8Form the dough into rounded balls and place on a light-greased cookie/baking sheet about 2-inches apart on the sheet.
- 9Bake cookies for about 12-15 minutes or until just pale-golden.
- 10Cool cookies on baking sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer to racks to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1943 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 151.2
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 17.2 mg
- Sodium 134.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 2.3 g