- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄3 cups light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 5 1⁄3 cups quick oatmeal
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Stir in corn syrup and vanilla.
- Add oatmeal a cup at a time.
- Spread mixture into a 9x13 pan.
- Bake 15 minutes. (Mixture will appear puffy when finished and will fall when removed from oven.) Do not underbake.
- Combine peanut butter and chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl and melt at half power, 30 seconds at a time.
- Top cookie bar with chocolate mixture and cool before cutting.