Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A twist on peanut butter cookies and oatmeal raisin cookies. The first time I made these I used peanuts, I will most likely use walnuts next time. But if you really like peanuts, use them, they go great with this recipe. Pecans would also be good.
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄8 cup peanut butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2)
- 4 cups quick oats
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- Combine shortening, peanut butter and brown sugar.
- Mix in egg, milk and vanilla.
- Sift and combine flour, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and baking soda mix in well to wet misture.
- Mash and add banana, mix well.
- Stir in quick oats, fold in raisins and nuts of your choice.
- Place round tablespoonfuls on greased baking sheet spaced 1-2-inches apart.
- Bake at 375° for 12-13 minutes or until done.
I like the recipe but i wasnt sure if there was a typo in the ingredients list. It had 1/3 cup peanut butter then the next ingredient said 1/8 cup of peanut butter.
These are tasty but give a very dry sensation to your mouth. I attempted to remedy this by adding 2 TBS of honey and !/4 C peanut butter, but the difference was not really detectable. Finally made them into "thumbprints" wit a dollop of boysenberry preserves in hte hollow