Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This makes a delicious pancake. I add a splash of vinegar to the milk to make buttermilk instead of buying it. Recipe courtesy of Betty Crocker's Old-Fashioned Cookbook.
- Beat all ingredients except Peanut Butter Spread with hand beater until smooth.
- For thinner pancakes, stir in 2 to 4 tablespoons additional milk.
- Grease heated griddle if necessary.
- To test griddle, sprinkle with a few drops of water. If bubbles skitter around, heat is just right.
- Pour scant 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle for each pancake.
- Cook until puffed and dry around edges.
- Turn and cook other side until golden brown.
- Serve with spread.
- For spread: Mix syrup and peanut butter until well blended.
I didn't need to add more milk. The texture was perfect. It gave us 6 pancakes. Perfect for the 3 of us. The spread is so good on these pancakes. Thanks AmyZoe :) made for New Kids on the block tag game
These are fantastic pancakes! DH loves PB on his pancakes so I knew he would love this recipe. It did not dissapoint. We loved the light texture. I used whole wheat pastry flour and would use it again. I heated the PB sauce in the microwave just to make it easier to pour. Thanks for posting this recipe. We'll be making these again for sure.