I made this recipe up in an effort to eliminate white flour from our diet. After much fine-tuning, here is a recipe that works well. I am saving it here so that I won't lose it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups oat flour (I blend about five cups of old-fashioned oats in the Vita-mix and this makes exactly three cups of f)
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- cinnamon, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 1/2-2 3/4 cups milk (or buttermilk, or a mix of kefir and milk, or anything you feel like)
- 1/2 cup canola oil or 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- 2Mix in the milk, oil, vanilla and any sweetener you want ( I don't usually put any sweetener).
- 3For fluffier pancakes separate the eggs. Mix the egg yolks into the bowl and in a separate bowl beat the egg whites until stiff. Then fold the egg whites into the mix.
- 4If in a hurry, or you don't care, beat the whole eggs well ( I use the blender) and mix into the bowl.
- 5I find that the pancakes come out better if I let the mixture sit for a few minutes, allowing the oatmeal to absorb some of the moisture.
- 6If the mixture is too thick, add milk, a little at a time, until pancake batter consistency.
- 7Cook on hot griddle (about 300 F) turning to cook both sides.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Pancakes (No Wheat, No Sugar)
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 425.6
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 91.9 mg
- Sodium 711.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 12.0 g