- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup of melted shortening
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine oats and milk; set aside for 5 minutes. Add eggs and shortening to oat mixture after the 5 minutes are up.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together. Add to oat mixture, stirring well to combine dry ingredients.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto a hot griddle for each pancake. When pancakes have a bubbled surface and slightly dry edges, turn and cook other side.