Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Add your own flavourings to this basic mix. Chives and cheddar cheese is one combination that works well.
- Put the flour and baking powder in a mixing bowl, then tip in the oatmeal and salt.
- Mix together, then crack in the egg and pour in the milk.
- Whisk until you have a batter that is about the thickness of thick cream.
- Heat a heavy non-stick pan with a little oil, then spoon in about 1/4 cup batter.
- The pancakes are ready to turn when little bubbles appear on the surface.
- Turn and cook for a couple minutes more until they are golden brown.
I am on a low carb diet and I was getting tired of the same type of breakfasts. These are fantastic. They taste just like regular pancakes. I usually put some blueberies or something in with them. I used nonfat plain yogurt instead of milk and they came out great.
First time I've made oatmeal pancakes, really loved the texture of them! Just made half a recipe, just for me and enjoyed them very much. I used veggie spray instead of oil and ate them with becel and a fresh lemon squeezed over, delish!! Thanks for sharing I will be making them again.