Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I just tried these delicious oatmeal pancakes for the first time this morning, sent to me by my buff ,health conscious sis in an oxygen magazine. I was a little leery because of past experiences with untraditional pancake recipes. But these were AWESOME!
- 2 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats
- 6 egg whites, beaten
- 1 cup nonfat vanilla soymilk
- 1 tablespoon oil (any kind will do)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup natural unsweetened applesauce
- Blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor until fairly smooth. (Normal pancake mix consistancy).
- Coat a griddle or skillet with nonfat cooking spray making sure the griddle is hot.
- Pour a half cup batter onto hot griddle and cook until firm, flipping of course.
- Top with you favorite toppings.
- This morning i topped mine with blueberries, bananas, and unsweetened applesauce. It was divine!