Recipe by The Grilling Guru
This is an eggless, oatmeal pancake using a buttermilk recipe with the substitution of oatmeal flour instead of regular flour.
- 1 cup oat flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill up a food processor with dry Instant Oatmeal and grind for one minute.
- Do this until you have 1 cups of Oat Flour.
- Measure out 1 cup of milk and add 1 Tablespoon of vinegar to it for each cup.
- Let this stand for only 5 minutes.
- This will be your buttermilk.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together.
- Add a Tablespoon of oil, then a Tablespoon of melted butter, then the milk.
- Stir with a whisk.
- This will be pretty runny at first.
- Let the batter sit for about 5-10 minutes. You can add more milk later if it gets too thick.
- Heat the griddle to about 375F and cook for 5 minutes on each side.
- Melt 2 Tablespoons of butter in a small dish, and dissolve 2 handfuls of brown sugar and use as a butter or syrup after you've plated them.