Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is great to make and freeze extra
- 1 cup milk
- 2⁄3 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- In a small saucepan heat milk until hot; remove from heat. Stir in oats. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture (for liquid ingredients).
- In a small bowl, stir together egg, oil, and vanilla. Add egg mixture and oats mixture all at once to flour mixture; stir until combined.
- For each pancake, pour about cup of the batter onto a hot, lightly greased griddle or heavy skillet (use vegetable oil; butter tends to burn). Cook over medium heat about 4 minutes or until pancakes are golden brown, flipping once when pancakes have bubbly surfaces and edges are slightly dry.