Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My favorite pancake recipe. Really filling and great with bananas or chocolate (chips or cocoa powder) added in.
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups instant oats
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Mix wet ingredients together.
- Add wet to dry and mix well.
- Cook on non-stick or lightly greased pan at medium heat.
- Watch the edges, small bubbles will pop and fill up but as they start to remain then its time to flip to the other side.
Great pancakes and healthy too! I made them even healthier by substituting applesauce for the oil, adding in some powdered milk for extra calcium (1/3 cup for a half-batch) and some flax seed. They turned out thick and hearty, but these should please even non-oatmeal eaters.
These are a great way to get some whole grains for breakfast.I used whole wheat pastry flour and quick oats. Be sure to stir the oats back up to the surface when you pour out the next pancake. It tends to sink to the bottom of the mixing bowl.