Recipe by Mel D
My favorite pancake recipe. Really filling and great with bananas or chocolate (chips or cocoa powder) added in.
Top Review by karen
Great pancakes and healthy too! I made them even healthier by substituting applesauce for the oil, adding in some powdered milk for extra calcium (1/3 cup for a half-batch) and some flax seed. They turned out thick and hearty, but these should please even non-oatmeal eaters.
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups instant oats
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Mix wet ingredients together.
- Add wet to dry and mix well.
- Cook on non-stick or lightly greased pan at medium heat.
- Watch the edges, small bubbles will pop and fill up but as they start to remain then its time to flip to the other side.