Recipe by pdantoinette
I found this recipe @ melskitchencafe.com and wanted to post to get the nutrition information. This makes a good amount and will last in an air tight container up to 2 weeks or in the fridge indefinitely. I usually split the mix in half (comes out to about 4 3/4 cups) and add the ingredients for 4 cups of mix. These are really filling. When I make them we have plenty for that meal and the next day. Would freeze really well too.
- 3 1⁄2 cups quick oats
- 3 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 3 tablespoons sucanat (raw sugar)
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 cup coconut oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry ingredients in mixer; slowly add oil while mixer is running. Store in air tight container at room temperature for 2 weeks or in fridge indefinitely.
- For Pancakes: 1 cup mix, 1 cup buttermilk (or half yogurt & half milk), & 1 egg.
- Mix together all ingredients and let sit 10 minutes.
- Scoop onto griddle using 1/4 cup measuring cup. (I like to use an ice cream scoop.).
- When batter is all bubbly and edges look dry, flip on to other side to cook. Take off griddle when they steam starts to rise.