1/1 Photo of Oatmeal Pan Bread
2 hrs 25 mins
Chef Glaucia's Note:
We love this beautiful good-for-you bread ! The oats give it a distinctive flavor and it is wonderful toasted or with a bowl,of homemade soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 354.88 ml boiling water
- 236.59 ml old fashioned oats
- 22.18 ml active dry yeast
- 118.29 ml warm water
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml grapeseed oil
- 7.39 ml salt
- 1 large egg
- 473.18 ml white whole wheat flour
- 473.18-591.47 ml all-purpose flour
- 29.58 ml flax seed meal
- 11- Combine boiling water and oats. Let it cool.
- 22- In a mixing bowl, combine yeast, sugar, oil, egg, salt, oat mixture and 2 cups white whole wheat flour. Beat until smooth.
- 33- Add remaining flour to form a soft dough. Knead until smooth and elastic ( about 8 minutes ).
- 44- Press the dough evenly into a greased 13-in. X 9-in. baking pan. Cover and let it rise in a warm place for 45 minutes.
- 55- Punch the dough down in the pan and with a sharp knife, cut diagonal lines 1-1/2 inches apart completely through dough. Repeat in opposite direction, creating a diagonal pattern.
- 66- Cover and let it rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 77- Brush with the melted butter, sprinkle with kosher salt, pamesan cheese, herbs and garlic powder, if desired.
- 88- Bake at 350º F for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Pan Bread
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.0
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 26.0 mg
- Sodium 403.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 9.0 g