Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love the orange flavor of these, different for a muffin. Yummy! I got this recipe from an old (1980's) Canandian cookbook called "Muffin Mania". I usually double or triple the recipe and freeze the extras.(Prep time includes soaking time.)
- Cream margarine and sugar.
- Beat in eggs and stir in oat mixture.
- Stir in raisins and vanilla.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Stir until moistened.
- Pour into well greased muffin cups.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.
These muffins were quick and easy to make and smelled great while cooking. I didn't have any old fashioned oats, so I used packets of plain instant oatmeal instead and they turned out just fine. They were absolutely delicious when warm from the oven and had lots of flavor. I will definately make these again.
Everyone loved these muffins. They have such a nice orange flavor. I added some chocolate chips along with the raisins which my kids loved. I think next time I won't fill my muffin cups quite as full though, the batter cooked over a bit. Will definitely make again.