Recipe by adams.wifey
This is the best oatmeal. Just like our great grandmothers used to make. You'll love it. It's great to add in chia seeds at the end - and/or some ground flaxseeds. My kids also like this with berries.
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 -3 tablespoon honey (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put water into a medium saucepan.
- Add oats, butter & cinnamon.
- Heat mixture over high heat - stirring often - until it begins to bubble.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Stir in honey - or your preferred sweetener.
- Let the oatmeal cook over low heat until it has reached the desired thickness. (The longer you cook it, the thicker it will get).