Recipe by Koechin (Chef)
This is a wonderful, healthy, fool-proof crust, that I have had for many years (20 at least). I use it for my Pumpkin Pie in the Fall.
Top Review by Kat's Mom
I made this with regular rolled oats (not quick cooking) and chopped pecans for my pecan pie. It complemented it nicely and it was hard to tell where the crust ended and the pie filling began. If you are making a 9" deep dish pie, then you will need 1 1/2 of this recipe. Very easy, tasty and holds its crispiness. Thanks!
- 1 cup uncooked rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup walnuts or 2⁄3 cup pecans, minced
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread oats in a large shallow pan and bake for 10 minutes to toast.
- Toss with sugar, nuts and melted butter.
- Press over bottom and up sides of 9-inch pie pan. Refrigerate while preparing your filling. Bake like any pie with a "regular" crust would require.